UV Disinfection and Sterlisation Treatment Technologies
WestWater Enterprises is the sole Australian agent and distributor for ATG UV Technology and its range of USEPA and NWRI UV disinfection and sterilisation products, considered market leaders in quality, reliability and the effective treatment of water-borne micro-organisms, bacteria and viruses.
Ultraviolet (UV) disinfection is a proven technology using low or medium pressure mercury vapour lamps to produce light in the UV-C range focused around germicidal susceptibility at a wavelength of 254nm.
As opposed to the strong oxidising effect of chlorine, a UV disinfection and sterilisation system produces a wave length that can penetrate the cell wall of bacteria and disrupt its DNA impeding its ability to reproduce and multiply.
UV disinfection equipment from WestWater is capable of inactivating a wide range of micro-organisms including E-coli, Cryptosporidium, Legionella and viruses.
About Ultraviolet Light
Ultraviolet light is electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength shorter than that of visible light, but longer than x-rays. Ultraviolet is usually subdivided into UV – A, B and C.
The wavelengths between 200nm and 320nm are of interest in water treatment because of their ability to inactivate a wide range of micro-organisms.
Benefits of Ultraviolet Disinfection
The typical benefits of UV disinfection and sterilisation include:
- Micro-organisms are inactivated
- Has no effect on taste, odour or pH
- Cannot be overdosed
- Does not introduce toxic by-products
- Requires no chemicals
- Compact and easy to install
- Offers significant return on investment
- Easy to operate
WestWater has the experience and expertise to provide effective cost efficient solutions for a wide range of industries. Examples include:
- Drinking water – From small borehole supplies to large treatment works, UV disinfection and sterilisation is a proven effective barrier to pathogenic micro-organisms including Cryptosporidium and Giardia.
- Industrial – Many industries rely on UV disinfection as a cost effective chemical free treatment solution for all industrial water uses.
- Waste water – From municipal treatment to water recovery for irrigation and reuse, UV sterilisation can provide the final disinfection stage required to meet strict discharge regulations.
- Swimming pools – UV disinfection treatment destroys the chemicals responsible for poor water quality and helps reduce the risk of illness due to chlorine resistant micro-organisms.
- Food and drink – The importance of bacterial free products combined with the need to reduce chemical additives has established UV disinfection as a key technology in this industry.
- Offshore – UV disinfection is used for sterilisation of crew drinking supplies, waste water discharges and high volume water injection packages.
Get Quality, Performance
WestWater and ATG UV disinfection systems are specified to ISO9000 with internationally recognised third party approvals (validation) ensuring you get high quality products that deliver results you can depend upon.
Contact us today for more information about Ultraviolet disinfection and sterilisation technology and how it can be applied in your industry.