WestWater recently completed the design, construction and installation of a new containerised Chlorination Module, which feeds drinking water to the town of Porongurup, located approximately 50kms north of Albany in the Great Southern Region of Western Australia.
There was an existing rudimentary chlorination system downstream of the pump station, however it did not provide the ability for operators to adjust dosing rates nor view chlorine residual level after dosing. This was considered an unacceptable risk that the new system must address.
The works included installation of the following:
- Prefabricated Treatment Module
- Duty/standby Sodium Hypochlorite Dosing Panels
- Sodium Hypochlorite Storage Tank and Bund
- Free Chlorine Analyser
- Siemens Magflow flow meter for dosing spool
- Electrical Control Panel & Power Distribution Panel
- Cellular communications
- PLC & SCADA Control System
- Supply & installation of new Carted Water Tank and associated instrumentation