WestWater have successfully won a tender with the Water Corporation to design, construct, install and commission a replacement RO & Filtration Plant at the Denham WTP on the mid-west coast of Western Australia.
The project will consist of:
- Inspection of existing assets to determine available space for the WUC, and to identify existing hazards to be rectified.
- Installation of a new inlet pressure transmitter on feed line prior to filters and RO.
- Removing CO2 from saline feed.
- Installation of a Magflo meter, potassium permanganate dose pit, sodium hypochlorite dose pit, and sample & sample return lines.
- Installation of a new electro-chlorinator, brine tank, and hypochlorite storage tank in existing sodium hypochlorite room.
- Installation of 2 new DN1400 GRP pressure filters for the removal of iron and manganese.
- Full automation of the backwash sequence.
- Installation of new skid mounted RO, to replace existing RO train B.
- Upgrades to existing pipework.
All aspects of the works to the RO & Filtration Plant will be completed in accordance with the Contract, Water Corporation Standards and Australian Standards.
The project is expected to reach Practical Completion by November 2020.