A regional council in South East QLD has upgraded 3 of their aquatic centres to utilise Hyprolyser Electro-chlorination technology. The 3 centres, each with 50m Olympic pools and an array of paddle pools, now use electro-chlorination to batch and dose 0.6% sodium hypochlorite for disinfection as opposed to dangerous chemicals.
The local operators and maintenance team are excited at the prospect of working with a safe and reliable system and not have the hazards involved with dangerous goods handling.
The benefits of these systems in the aquatic industry are:
- Delivery & storage of food grade salt instead of large QTYs of dangerous chemicals means the hazard of major spills and leaks has been removed.
- No toxic dangers to operators & nearby residents like with chlorine gas.
- No hazardous waste or dangerous goods disposal.
- No chemical handling for operators. They only need to top up the salt storage.
- No remedial maintenance of dangerous goods dosing and storage equipment.
- The low pH of the product reduces requirement for excessive pH correction.