BHP Billiton needed to disinfect its dewatering source up at its Mt Whaleback mine. WestWater came to the table with a completely automated, turn key, sodium hypochlorite storage and dosing system housed in a 40ft sea container.
- Bunded twin hypo storage tanks with level control and load in facility;
- Dosing panel with 3 x dosing pump trains;
- 3 x Dilution pumps for dose carrier water;
- 3 x residual analysers with sample return system; and
- a PLC controlled with operator HMI in separate control room.
The container will be dropped at the bottom of the open pit mine where operator monitoring may be limited. It was important then to come up with a robust, uncomplicated and user friendly plant while still maintaining the important safety features needed to protect staff working with the chemical. This plant certainly meets the brief.